DISASTER RELIEF RESOURCES
Los Angeles County:
For information regarding property tax: https://assessor.lacounty.gov/disaster-relief/
General resource information: https://www.lacounty.gov/woolseyfire/
For information regarding property tax: https://www.ventura.org/ttc/events/fire-disaster-2018/
General resource information: http://venturacountyrecovers.org/
California Wildfires Statewide Recovery Resources; http://wildfirerecovery.org/current-incidents/november-2018-fires/
Employment Development Department (EDD) Disaster Related Services: https://www.edd.ca.gov/About_EDD/Disaster_Related_Services.htm
Housing assistance grants for homeowners and renters affected by the Camp, Woolsey, and Hill fires.
Through a $1 million gift from the REALTORS® Relief Foundation, C.A.R. is offering disaster relief grants up to $2,000 per household to provide assistance with mortgage relief or temporary housing, such as payments on the mortgage of a primary residence that was burned in a fire, lease or rent payments on replacement housing, or payments to a temporary shelter.
- Relief assistance is limited to a maximum of $2,000 per applicant household. Deadline for application submission is June 30, 2019, contingent on the availability of funds.
- Assistance is for housing relief only; other expenses including mortgages on property other than primary residence, vehicle purchase, rental, repair and or mileage are ineligible for reimbursement under this program.
- Documentation requirements: proof of residency, proof of lease/ownership, proof of damage/loss.
- One application per household.
- Grants are available only for applicant’s primary residence.
- Recipients of other financial assistance (FEMA, charitable groups) are eligible.
Frequently Asked Questions. (pdf)
Link to online application.
If you have additional questions, email Elizabeth de Carteret at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C.A.R. Disaster Relief Fund - established in the wake of the devastating 2003 California wildfires, the C.A.R. Disaster Relief Fund provides grants ranging from $1,000 to $10,000 to help members of the REALTOR® family - REALTORS®, their staff, and association members and their staff - who incur losses due to wildfires. If you have been affected by the wildfires and need assistance, you may apply for a grant from the C.A.R. Disaster Fund.
If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the C.A.R. Disaster Relief Fund, please make checks payable to the California Community Foundation and write “C.A.R. Disaster Relief Fund” on the “memo” line. Send checks to the California Community Foundation, 221 S. Figueroa St. Suite 400, Los Angeles, CA 90012. You can also make an online donation.
For information regarding grants and donations, please visit https://on.car.org/relief.
California Wildfire Resources: https://www.car.org/en/difference/realtorscare/cawildfireresources
Consumer Reports – “How to File a Homeowners Insurance Claim After a Fire: https://www.consumerreports.org/homeowners-insurance/how-to-file-a-homeowners-insurance-claim-after-a-fire/